Operations Support Associate
Operations Support Associate
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership organization with 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the internationally trained professionals community for over two decades, especially in helping them obtain licences, find employment, advance career, integrate in society, and develop leadership skills.
The Operations Support Associate assists the Operations Manager in all operational matters to ensure the organization’s effectiveness and the performance of all operational support functions. The primary tasks of the incumbent are development support to the Manager and administrative support to the Board of Trustees of the CPAC Foundation.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Work closely with the OM to identify and obtain individual and corporate contributions
- Research and pursue sponsorship opportunities, develop sponsorship proposals and agreements, and secure annual and event specific sponsors and in-kind donations
- Track and manage sponsor obligations and ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Manage and maintain sponsors database; cultivate and maintain positive relationships with funders, sponsors, donors, partners and other stakeholders
- Assist in the development and execution of strategies and plans to stimulate membership growth and member participation
- Assist in planning and conducting membership drives/campaigns
- Develop and promote membership service and member benefit programs and partnerships that support membership growth
- Work with others to develop and implement member & community service events and programs, including interest based seminars and workshops
- Provide administrative support to the president and committee chairs of the Board of Trustees of CPAC Foundation, including organizing meetings, research and developing database of prospective benefactors, tracking beneficiaries, communication with stakeholders, and writing about Foundation activities for reporting and promotional purposes
- Other administrative and support tasks assigned by Management
- Experience in fundraising and business development, preferably in a not-for-profit setting
- Excellent business acumen and effective negotiation skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; fluency in Chinese an asset
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and able to work under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to find creative solutions to complicated problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven record of being able to work well and tactfully with different personalities
- A self-starter with strong initiative, creative ideas, enthusiasm, and a commitment to excellence
- Emotional maturity, professionalism and good judgment
- Advanced computer, internet marketing, and social media skills
- Experience in marketing and sales an asset
- Desktop publishing, graphic design and website maintenance skills are assets
Please email resume and cover letter stating salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.