Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care (Yee Hong) is one of the largest not-for-profit long term
and community care organizations in North America. Continuing on the journey to “a caring community where seniors and others enjoy the highest quality of life and the model of excellence”, Yee Hong provides culturally
appropriate care along the continuum, from a senior’s most independent days to their most dependent stage of life. We offer this continuum of care services to Chinese seniors as well as seniors of various cultural backgrounds, including Korean, Vietnamese, Portuguese, South Asian, Filipino, Japanese, and others. This continuum includes four Long-Term Care Homes located in Scarborough, Markham and Mississauga areas, Senior Housing, Community Care, and Medical Services.
Responsible for preparing, portioning and serving meals for residents in accordance with sanitation regulations.
- Completion of Chef Training or diploma/certificate/apprenticeship in Culinary Management, Cook, Food and Nutrition or equivalent
- Current Food Handler Safety Certificate
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety standards for food services area
- Minimum 3 years proven institutional cooking experience
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in both English and Chinese
- Considerable standing, walking and lifting throughout the day
- Shift work, including weekend
- Exposed to heat, humidity and food waste
Please submit resume to:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care – Human Resources
- Yee Hong is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation.
- Successful applicants must provide a recent satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal reference check and medical clearance certificate