Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care (Yee Hong) is one of the largest not-for-profit long term and community care organizations in North America. Continuing on the journey to “a caring community where seniors and others enjoy the highest quality of life and the model of excellence”, Yee Hong provides culturally appropriate care along the continuum, from a senior’s most independent days to their most dependent stage of life. We offer this continuum of care services to Chinese seniors as well as seniors of various cultural backgrounds, including Korean, Vietnamese, Portuguese, South Asian, Filipino, Japanese, and others. This continuum includes four Long-Term Care Homes located in Scarborough, Markham and Mississauga areas, Senior Housing, Community Care, and Medical Services.
- Responsible to the Senior Coordinaotr/Program Coordinator for providing specific in-home support and emergency response services
- Graduate of an approved and recognized Personal Support Worker course in Ontario, or equivalent
- Current registration with the Ontario PSW Registry
- Experience working with seniors an asset
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate required
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Considerable standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Exposure to all client care elements through regular client contact.
- Shift work, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Regular travel
- Use of own vehicle
Please submit resume to:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care – Human Resources
Note: Successful applicants must provide a recent satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal
reference check and medical clearance certificate