Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care (Yee Hong) is one of the largest not-for-profit long term
and community care organizations in North America. Continuing on the
journey to “a caring community where seniors and others enjoy the highest
quality of life and the model of excellence”, Yee Hong provides culturally
appropriate care along the continuum, from a senior’s most independent days to
their most dependent stage of life. We offer this continuum of care services
to Chinese seniors as well as seniors of various cultural backgrounds, including
Korean, Vietnamese, Portuguese, South Asian, Filipino, Japanese, and
others. This continuum includes four
Long-Term Care Homes located in Scarborough, Markham and Mississauga areas,
Senior Housing, Community Care, and Medical Services.
Job: Home Support Worker (Job Ref. No.: 16/SS/004)
Status: Part Time
Responsible to the Senior Coordinator/Program Coordinator for providing specific in-home support and emergency response services
- Graduate of an approved and recognized Personal Support Worker course in Ontario, or
- Current registration with the Ontario PSW Registry
- Experience working with seniors an asset
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate required
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Relevant satisfactory work performance
- Considerable standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Exposure to all client care elements through regular client contact.
- Shift work, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Regular travel
- Use of own vehicle
Please submit resume indicating job reference number to:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care – Human Resources
Fax: (416) 321-9894
- Yee Hong is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation.
- Successful applicants must provide a recent satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal
reference check and medical clearance certificate
-We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted